Breakaway Creek was launched by local Councillor Gai Sypher on Friday 9th August at Capella Library. Forty-five people squeezed into our little library to enjoy a social evening and refreshments of wine, punch, a selection of cheeses, an anitpasto platter and other nibbles. Many of them took advantage of the opportunity to purchase an autographed copy.
Month: August 2013
The Charming Hero Blog Hop
Welcome to the Charming Hero Blog Hop!
Join me and a group of fellow authors as we tantalise you with the charms of our handsome heroes.
If you would like to win an ebook copy of Breakaway Creek (ePub or Mobi format) all you have to do is tell me my handsome hero’s name.
– What’s your hero’s name and where does he come from?
Luke Sherman lives on a cattle property in the Central Highlands area of Queensland.
– What’s your charming hero’s profession?
He’s a grazier and is equally at home on a horse, motor bike or tractor .
– Now, there’s a lot about our heroes that sets all women in a flutter. What’s your hero’s greatest weapon when it comes to seduction?
The wicked glint in his green eyes.
– If your hero resembled one or more celebrities, who would they be? (provide pictures, he could be a blend)
A young Kevin Costner.
– Apart from being incredibly charming, how would you describe your hero’s personality?
He’s responsible, a great father, a hard worker, and has strong family values. He has a good sense of humour and has a caring, considerate manner.
– Post a scene of ten lines or less that captures your hero using his charm to win over both our readers and heroine.
You were screaming! Did you have a bad dream?’ He ran a caressing hand over her hair. ‘You’re shaking.’
She nodded, hardly able to frame the words. ‘It was awful.’
‘Don’t worry, you’re safe now. I’ll stay awhile if you like.’ He squeezed her tight.
She nodded again and clutched at him as if he were her only chance for salvation.
‘It was Bevan,’ she mumbled, shuddering. ‘I keep remembering the knife.’
‘I’m so sorry, Shelley.’ He flicked the light switch and pushed the door closed then reached for a chair and sat down. He pulled her onto his lap. ‘You’ve been through hell, all because of me.’
To read more, you can purchase my rural romance Breakaway Creek from Clan Destine Press, Amazon, Kobo, iTunes, Lulu and Nook. The print version will be available any day now.
To read about more charming heroes, go to our Facebook page (click on the button below).